Full Day in Rio - Christ the Redeemer by van, Sugarloaf, Maracanã, Sambadrome, Selarón, and Lunch at Steakhouse
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Rio de janeiro
- Product code: SIGUDRVAN101
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- All entrance fees included
- Buffet lunch included
- Hotel pickup included in South Zone (Copacabana, Leme, Ipanema, Leblon) and West Zone (Barra da Tijuca)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Spanish, Portuguese - other languages upon request
Spend a full day soaking up the sights of Rio de Janeiro during a city tour. Begin with a trip to see the Christ the Redeemer Statue atop Corcovado Mountain, followed by a panoramic visit to the Maracanã stadium and additional stops at the Sambódromo (Sambadrome), the Metropolitan Cathedral, and the Selarón Steps. After lunch at a steakhouse, ride the cable cars up Sugarloaf Mountain.
Get picked up from your Rio hotel and drive up to the Christ the Redeemer Statue - one of the New Seven Wonders of the World - on top of Corcovado Mountain. The drive is short and beautiful, traveling through the Tijuca Forest before opening up to incredible views of the entire city.
Once you're back at sea level, drive past the legendary Maracanã soccer stadium and head to Sambódromo, the location of Rio's exciting Carnaval. Pay a visit to the distinctive Metropolitan Cathedral, a modern structure that takes influence from Mayan pyramids. Check out the brightly colored tiles of the world-famous Selarón Steps, one of Rio's most distinctive landmarks. Then head to a local steakhouse to sit down to a delicious barbecue lunch.
After lunch, make a final trip to Sugarloaf Mountain, located in the Urca neighborhood. Ride a series of 2 cable cars en route to the summit, first arriving at Urca Hill, and then continuing to the top of Sugarloaf, reaching a height of 1,295 feet (395 m). Conclude the tour with an exquisitely beautiful panorama of Rio de Janeiro.
PICKUP & DROP OFF
- Hotels - no Hostels or B&B - in Rio de Janeiro's South Zone (Copacabana, Leme, Ipanema, Leblon) and West Zone (Barra da Tijuca)
- Please contact the company responsible for the tour to confirm the pickup time
- Guided full-day city tour of Rio de Janeiro via air-conditioned van
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Barbecue buffet lunch at Brazilian steakhouse
- Professional guide with live tour commentary in English, Spanish & Portuguese - other languages upon request
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels in South Zone (Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Leme) and West Zone (Barra da Tijuca)
- Comfortable air-conditioned van with maximum capacity of 19 passengers
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please inform your hotel to arrange your pickup
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children 4 and younger are complimentary, provided they do not occupy a seat
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Maximum group size is 19 people
- This tour operates rain or shine
- Roundtrip transportation available from South Zone (Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Leme) and West Zone (Barra da Tijuca) hotels via air-conditioned van. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
CANCELLATION POLICYAt least 1 calendar day in advance, full refund.
No refunds for cancellations on the day of the tour.